Real English Authentic Learning 3, 2nd edition - Skills Book
This much-anticipated second edition of REAL Skills Book 3 offers a fresh take on the four-skills integrated approach that made it so successful. Contemporary themes inspire reflection and help high-intermediate to advanced students of English as a second language broaden the scope of their daily lives. New and improved elements join the most appreciated features of the first edition.
- Challenging authentic reading, video, and audio selections are accompanied by activities adapted to students’ level.
- Reading for Strategy, Reading for Interaction, and Reading for Challenge provide targeted reading practice.
- Expanded Writing Files cover writing and improving essays, and provide revising and editing practice. The special characteristics of four essay types are compared, including thesis statements.
- The Anthology is composed of six different Canadian texts (a movie review, a poem, a song, an editorial, a short story, and a play), and reviews the various features of each text type.
- Literary Device explains and applies a literary device in context.
- Between the Lines has students think critically about the texts they have read.
- Idioms and Vocabulary sections focus on vocabulary acquisition.
- Useful Grammar Link and How To boxes give students clear, helpful information on the correct language to use and the appropriate strategies to apply.
- Language-appropriate Pronunciation exercises are in the book and online for continuous practice.
- Integrated web links lead to additional material offered on i+ Interactif
- The Annotated Teacher’s Edition includes an answer key for all activities as well as pedagogical notes to help teachers personalize and enhance their material.
A COMPREHENSIVE DIGITAL SOLUTION
Explore the themes further with interactive workshops that include more than 600 questions plus additional reading, audio, and video material.
Students receive immediate feedback and scoring while teachers are able to annotate the eBook, electronically follow students’ progress, and create their own online interactive activities.
Teachers can display or hide answers and notes embedded in the Teacher’s Edition Answer Key for a more active learning experience in the classroom.
Unit 1 - Wanderlust
Unit 2 - Connections
Unit 3 - Morality
Unit 4 - Social activism
Unit 5 - Perspectives
Unit 6 - comtemplations
eBook with internal and external hyperlinks
- Embedded audio and video files: Teacher only
- Links to REAL 3 Grammar Reference and Practice: Teacher only
- Integrated Answer Key with the following features: Teacher only
- Display or hide individual answers when clicking on the answer area
- Display or hide all answers at once
- Display or hide all answers and teacher’s notes at once
List of external links from the book
9 to 10 interactive workshops per unit with auto-correcting features (62 activities)
Listening / Watching material from the book
Extra Reading / Listening / Watching material
Pronunciation (Audio files)
Audio and video transcripts