Champions for Life Program – Physical Health and Education Teacher Resources
Physical literacy is an indispensable means for active participation and the development and maintenance of good health. Our Champions for Life physical and health education teacher resources can be used as a complement to your school’s physical education curriculum and existing program. It includes resources and activities to support you in teaching the fundamental movement skills to your students.
The resources include:
- 51 games and activities exploring 17 different movement skills
- 4 sets of Challenge Stations and Challenge Sheets
- A Summative and Formative Assessment Tool
- 51 Cue Sheets for various fundamental movement skills.
This richly illustrated manual will also help physical education teachers incorporate physical literacy, its components, and practical strategies to integrate and evaluate movement literacy into the physical education curriculum. It gives your students more opportunities to practise fundamental movement skills and further develop their physical literacy.
To learn more about the Champions for Life Foundation, please visit championsforlife.ca.
2. Balance Skills
- 9 Single-Leg Balance Poses
- 12 Balance Poses
- 9 Dynamic Balance Skills
3. Locomotion Skills
- Two-Foot Jump
- Hopping on One Leg
4. Object Manipulation Skills
- Rolling a Ball
- Underhand Throwing
- Overhand Throwing
- Ring Toss
- Dribbling with Hands
- Dribbling with Feet
- Passing/Kicking a Ball
5. Challenge Stations
- Series 1 > Single-Leg Balance, Underhand Throwing and Catching, and Two-Foot Jump
- Series 2 > Balance Poses, Overhand Throwing, Hopping and Skipping
- Series 3 > Dynamic Balance, Running-Galloping-Shuffling, Dribbling with Hands
- Series 4 > Log Rolling, Ring Toss, Dribbling with Feet, Passing and Kicking
6. Formative FMS (Fundamental Movement Skills) Assessment Tool
7. Annex > 51 Plasticized Champions for Life Cue Sheets (1 cue sheet per fundamental movement skill)